How to narrow a rear axle YouTube
25/11/2002 · I think it is 2 3/8 inch for Mosier, but you will need to check before you cut. Keep in mind that the pinion on a 9 inch is not centered. I believe Mark Williams sells a plate as well as others that you can use to measure for this to insure the pinion is centered when you reweld. After you get it all cut down, do any desired bracing. It is desirable to add a rear brace to 9 inch ford for... The most popular rear end around is no doubt the Ford 9 inch unit, it is used by restorers, street rodders and racers alike, regardless of what brand of car the axle is going in. Many custom made axle housings for the GM boys utilize the 9 inch Ford, even though they hate to admit it. Ford used the axle from around the 1957 model year right up until the early 1980’s in cars and trucks. It
help!! ford nine inch rear end shortening length [Archive
Ford first used the 8-inch banjo-type axle in 1962 as an alternative to the 9-inch for their smaller body styles and smaller V-8 engines. Many Ford nameplates equipped with a small-block V-8 or six-cylinder engine used the 8-inch as standard equipment up until 1980. Several of the V-6 equipped models also used the 8-inch as their original rear axle. You can find a donor car for the... Re: Rear axle shortening. January 1st, 2012, 02:55 PM my buddy made an alignment bar, we did our danas for our darts with it. the explorer 8.8 swap is getting pretty popular and guys are narrowing them with 2 short axles at home with no jig with good results. i put one in my duster but didnt narrow it.
Rear axle shortening. The BangShift.com Forums
18/09/2011 · Going from 28 to 31 spline axles in your 9" Ford small bearing rear end housing didn't used to be this easy, or this in-expensive. If you were lucky enough to have a housing that would accept factory length 31 spline axles, all you had to do was find a set of axles and you were in business.... Choose "Big Ford New Style/Torino" (3/8" hole) or "Old Style" (1/2" hole) wheel bearing retainers. These axles come with 8" of spline, which can be cut with a chop saw to the desired length. Simply measure from your bare housing end to the differential cross and add 2.4".
How to Shorten a Rear End 01HowTo.com
The days of hunting through a junk yard are over. No need to drag home a replacement 9” rear end housing only to find out that for various reasons it won’t work for what you are building, or worse, that it may cost almost as much to clean up, narrow or shorten as one of Dutchman’s custom built to order brand new Ford 9” housings.... Team Z recently supplied us one of their trick 9-inch rear end housings that’s based upon Team Z’s standard Mustang Bolt-in Ford 9? housing but features the adjustable upper and lower control arm mounts found on their upgraded Outlaw Stock Suspension Bolt-in 9? housing.
How To Shorten A Ford 9 Inch Rear End
How to measure Ford 9 completeoffroad.com
- 9inch axle shortening PerformanceForums
- How to narrow a rear axle YouTube
- Axle Pkg Cut-Your-Own Ford 9" 31 Spline (2.780" Brake
- FORD 9 inch Housings FABRICATED HOUSINGS Altra 9
How To Shorten A Ford 9 Inch Rear End
After twisting the splines on cut stock axles I now leave the starting line with confidence having purchased 35 spline axles for my street strip S10.
- The most popular rear end around is no doubt the Ford 9 inch unit, it is used by restorers, street rodders and racers alike, regardless of what brand of car the axle is going in. Many custom made axle housings for the GM boys utilize the 9 inch Ford, even though they hate to admit it. Ford used the axle from around the 1957 model year right up until the early 1980’s in cars and trucks. It
- Team Z recently supplied us one of their trick 9-inch rear end housings that’s based upon Team Z’s standard Mustang Bolt-in Ford 9? housing but features the adjustable upper and lower control arm mounts found on their upgraded Outlaw Stock Suspension Bolt-in 9? housing.
- The rear end, as it came, was a bit over 63? from axle flange to axle flange and my new width needed to be 51.5? to accommodate the wide tires and new bodywork. Measuring for correct Measuring for correct
- 24/03/2018 · Thanks in advance for any and all replies. First, are ford 9 inch rear ends the only one with a 3rd member (removable center)? I noticed a 65 mustang with this rear end but the axle tubes were smaller diameter at the point were the springs mount up, is that normal?
You can find us here:
- Australian Capital Territory: O'Connor ACT, Oxley ACT, Hawker ACT, Weston Creek ACT, Denman Prospect ACT, ACT Australia 2651
- New South Wales: Rileys Hill NSW, North Dorrigo NSW, Tarcutta NSW, Louth NSW, Eatonsville NSW, NSW Australia 2029
- Northern Territory: Lansdowne NT, Wurrumiyanga NT, Daly Waters NT, Pine Creek NT, Gillen NT, Larrimah NT, NT Australia 0889
- Queensland: Sydney QLD, Karumba QLD, South Brisbane QLD, Hendra QLD, QLD Australia 4044
- South Australia: Tiddy Widdy Beach SA, Arno Bay SA, Woodville West SA, Chain Of Ponds SA, Lake Albert (locality) SA, White Hill SA, SA Australia 5055
- Tasmania: Gunns Plains TAS, Little Pine Lagoon TAS, Nugara TAS, TAS Australia 7026
- Victoria: Benambra VIC, Walkerville VIC, Silvan VIC, Big Desert VIC, Dingley Village VIC, VIC Australia 3001
- Western Australia: Derby WA, Davyhurst WA, Byford WA, WA Australia 6028
- British Columbia: Cache Creek BC, Port Alberni BC, Anmore BC, Osoyoos BC, Sidney BC, BC Canada, V8W 3W9
- Yukon: Kynocks YT, Rock Creek YT, Forty Mile YT, Sixtymile YT, Minto YT, YT Canada, Y1A 5C4
- Alberta: Lougheed AB, Linden AB, Raymond AB, Nobleford AB, Wetaskiwin AB, Banff AB, AB Canada, T5K 1J3
- Northwest Territories: Wrigley NT, Kakisa NT, Reliance NT, Sambaa K'e NT, NT Canada, X1A 1L3
- Saskatchewan: Glen Ewen SK, Macklin SK, Glen Ewen SK, Kennedy SK, Drake SK, Duck Lake SK, SK Canada, S4P 7C9
- Manitoba: Manitou MB, Lac du Bonnet MB, Snow Lake MB, MB Canada, R3B 9P2
- Quebec: Schefferville QC, Val-d'Or QC, Matane QC, Beloeil QC, La Prairie QC, QC Canada, H2Y 7W9
- New Brunswick: Saint Andrews NB, Saint-Leonard NB, Saint-Antoine NB, NB Canada, E3B 3H5
- Nova Scotia: Stellarton NS, Annapolis NS, Lunenburg NS, NS Canada, B3J 7S6
- Prince Edward Island: Cornwall PE, Stratford PE, Northport PE, PE Canada, C1A 4N1
- Newfoundland and Labrador: Glenburnie-Birchy Head-Shoal Brook NL, Postville NL, St. George's NL, St. Jacques-Coomb's Cove NL, NL Canada, A1B 2J1
- Ontario: Hampden ON, Village Lanthier ON, Primrose ON, Burgoyne, Pikwakanagan First Nation ON, Michipicoten ON, Lac-Sainte-Therese ON, ON Canada, M7A 5L6
- Nunavut: Repulse Bay NU, Kugluktuk NU, NU Canada, X0A 7H7
- England: Eastleigh ENG, Northampton ENG, Gillingham ENG, Newcastle-under-Lyme ENG, Basildon ENG, ENG United Kingdom W1U 1A2
- Northern Ireland: Belfast NIR, Craigavon (incl. Lurgan, Portadown) NIR, Newtownabbey NIR, Derry (Londonderry) NIR, Bangor NIR, NIR United Kingdom BT2 9H2
- Scotland: Edinburgh SCO, East Kilbride SCO, Paisley SCO, Cumbernauld SCO, Dundee SCO, SCO United Kingdom EH10 3B4
- Wales: Barry WAL, Newport WAL, Barry WAL, Newport WAL, Neath WAL, WAL United Kingdom CF24 2D7